What IS ‘car side’ veterinary care?
- When you arrive for your appointment please call us at (860) 450-0505.
- A Customer Service Representative will check you in over the phone.
- A technician will then call you to review history and discuss the reason for the visit.
- The technician will meet you outside under the pop-up tent and bring your pet into the hospital- For dogs this be on a new leash that we provide (we ask you to remove harnesses, sweaters ahead of time; and leash and collar once ours is on); for cats (and small dogs) in carriers we will bring the carrier inside.
- The doctor will perform the physical exam and administer planned treatments. IF there are questions or decision on treatment options the doctor will call you during the exam to discuss their recommendations.
- Following the exam the Doctor will call to review with you and then will have the Customer Service Representative pick up finish up.
- Then a staff member will bring your pet, any medications and your invoice back to your vehicle.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate the current COVID-19 Situation. It is in an abundance of caution for both our clients and our staff that we are following recommendations from the Connecticut and American Veterinary Medical boards on appointment protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns before your pet’s appointment please do not hesitate to call us!
~ The Kirby Veterinary Team