March 27, 2020- Kirby Vet Hospital- Operations Update- COVID-19
We’ve all made it through the first week of our adjusted hospital policies!! Thank you to all of our amazing staff who have adapted daily to the changing workplace and new/different struggles. And also thank you to all of our clients for their patience and understanding. We know that postponing routine/wellness appointments and surgeries is frustrating. We appreciate everyone’s patience with our longer-than-usual on-hold time with the phones.
At this time ONLY staff are allowed into the hospital. This is in accordance with guidelines from the AVMA and the goal is to reduce the amount of foot traffic in the hospital. This will help reduce the risk to both our staff and our clients.
We ARE currently open our normal business hours and are here for you and your pets!! We are rescheduling many of our routine surgeries and routine/wellness appointments if the pet is not due for rabies vaccination. Our goal is to keep our staff as safe as possible so that we can continue to be available for you when your pet is sick!
Appointments: When you arrive for your appointment please call us at (860) 450-0505. A technician will meet you outside to bring your pet into the hospital. (see how this works below)! This is specifically the recommendation by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
Medications: We will call you when your medication refill is ready. We will ask you to pay over the phone at that time. When you arrive to pick up please call us and a staff member will bring it out to your car. **We also have options for online ordering and having medications, including prescription food delivered to your house
IF you are sick (fever, cough, respiratory symptoms OR have a recent travel history outside of the U.S. please reschedule your appointment if at all possible. If you have concerns please call us to discuss.
What IS ‘car side’ veterinary care?
• You call us when you arrive for your appointment- the receptionist will check you in over the phone. (860) 450-0505
• A technician will call you to review history and your concerns for today’s visit. They will then meet you outside.
• The technician will bring your pet into an exam room
• The doctor will perform the physical exam and administer planned treatments. IF there are questions or decision on treatment options the doctor will call you during the exam to discuss their recommendations.
• Following the exam the Doctor will call to review with you. We will set up any medications, etc.
• A Receptionist will call you to accept payment and then a staff member will bring your pet, any medications and your invoice back to your vehicle.
Please know that we will be striving to maintain communication with you and we very much appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these changing times.
Please feel free to give us a call- (860) 450-0505
THANK YOU everyone for your support